Experience: Must have a one to 2 years of experience working in multi-specialty coding
1. Knowledge of ICDï¿½9 and ICDï¿½10 coding guidelines
2. Knowledge of medical terminology
3. Knowledge of billing applications
4. Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the organization to complete coding tasks within compliance of the federal, state and organization regulations.
1. Skill in multi-tasking.
2. Skill in customer service.
3. Skill in computer hardware and software use.
4. Skill in verbal and written communication.
5. Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
6. Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
7. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
8. Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
9. Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
Job: Medical Coding
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Medical Group
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905032369
About DMC Medical Group
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.