This position works with business owners and Finance counterparts and is responsible for design, development, testing, optimization, deployment, adoption, documentation and support of new and existing information solutions to trend, analyze, identify problems and/or enrich performance management opportunities with the ultimate goal of improving healthcare operations and the delivery of care. The Reporting Analyst prioritizes data and information requirements to derive complex technical and analytical information solutions. The position is also responsible for providing enterprise and project-level analysis support.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in related field required.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: EPIC proficiency or certified within 6 months of start date. RN preferred.
* Overall knowledge of the healthcare industry
* Strong ability to develop reports, dashboards and scorecards on a variety of mediums
* Ability to apply clear logic during code reviews ensuring results are accurate
* Proficient in use of data mining techniques
* Attention to detail while in a fast paced environment
* Excellent data validation and analysis skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to apply healthcare domain knowledge to technical solutions where appropriate
* Ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment
* Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
* A working knowledge of various software applications, such as patient management software applications, business intelligence tools, the internet, excel, word, access, and power point
EXPERIENCE: Seven (7) years healthcare experience in a clinical setting, billing, financial management, information systems, health information systems, and/or decision support required. EPIC and EPSI experience desirable.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Director, Decision Support
-Blood borne pathogen A
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work conducted in office environment with many conflicting deadlines and interruptions. Must be able to maintain composure and manage multiple priorities. Requires knowledge of general safety standards. Extensive keyboard data entry using sound ergonomic principles. Occasional travel for training required.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.