Under moderate supervision, set-up, conduct, and continue research projects following study protocols including the appropriate recording of data and reporting of standard or variant results. Assist in other laboratory and research functions.
Preferred Education, Skills and/or Experiences :
Experience with community-based research trials preferred. This position sets up, conducts, and continues research projects under moderate supervision. The position will follow protocols and policies to appropriately record and report data collection and completion both in the community and in a clinical setting. They will regularly complete quality check protocols to ensure data have been entered correctly, efficiently, and effectively. The RA2 will also prepare data for reports, audits, meetings and other presentations. They will assist in other laboratory and research functions. A background/interest in biomedical and behavioral research is a must. Working and communicating effectively within a team environment is crucial to the success of this project. Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
* Under moderate supervision, conduct, and evaluate community and clinical research
* Collect biometrics and biological samples in the field
* Must be very detail oriented in following the protocol while collecting data in community and clinical settings
* Regularly complete quality check protocols to ensure data have been entered correctly, efficiently, and effectively
* Conduct organized and relevant literature searches and use that information in a way that informs our work/processes
* Help to research and prepare grant opportunities
* Record, compile, interpret, and communicate data/results
* Be involved in data entry and data integrity with understanding of database systems (i.e. REDCap)
* Have respectful interactions with parent-child dyads, many of whom represent underserved populations
* Prepare, operate, and troubleshoot intervention, recruitment, and data collection procedures
* Ensure clear communication between academic and community partners, as well as our lab team
* Demonstrate an understanding of acceptable research procedures and techniques
* Provide appropriate written documentation of meetings and results for dissemination to multiple stakeholders
* Participate in participant retention efforts
* Participate in manuscript development and submission
* Assist with IRB documents
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2 years experience
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Internal Number: 1913520
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.