MetroWest Medical Center is the largest community health care system between Worcester and Boston. MetroWest Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, comprehensive care, at a location close to home. The 307-bed regional healthcare system includes Framingham Union Hospital, Leonard Morse Hospital in Natick and the MetroWest Wellness Center. MetroWest Medical Center has been named to the 2019 Americaï¿½s 100 Best Hospitals List by Healthgrades.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, acts as support staff for the technical staff, patients, and visitors. Maintains films and files according to patient activity and treatment dates. Performs a variety of clerical and reception duties for patients of all ages.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Greets visitors and patients coming in for exams. Enters patient data into the Meditech computer system, generates a requisition. Determines further clerical needs, i.e., new folder, conversion needs, off-site needs. Processes requisition and folder information for technical staff. Answers and directs all incoming calls and acts as department operator. Handles physician and patient requests for films and reports. Faxes results and prepares films that are requested. Acts as liaison between physicians and patients, providing customer service at all times.
2. Performs the film librarian duties, maintaining and updating all color coding that is necessary for a file. Determines activity of the file and its necessary location, active or inactive. Logs all films coming into or leaving the department. Retrieves films whenever needed, filing films when complete. Is responsible for year coding. Acts as liaison contact with safe-site for retrieval of off-site files.
3. Is responsible for printing chart copies for the medical records file and copies for radiology file, billing, and physicians (ordering and primary). Distributes all copies, removing and excluding any errors that have been marked by the physician.
4. Prints and distributes lists for patients that have been centrally scheduled. Pulls the necessary films that will be needed for each patient the next day, utilizing the cross campus ability to ensure all films are available during the actual test. This service is also provided for several conferences, the Operating Room, many in-house physicians, and the Cancer Care Center.
5. Matches all films from MetroWest Medical and from affiliated services and places them in the reading room for reading by a Radiologist. Maintains organization in the reading room and removes films that are complete.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
1. High School diploma or equivalency.
2. One year of office experience and computer knowledge.
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905047305
About MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.