Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida's oldest State Park
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Full Time Days 40 hours per week
You Will Be Responsible For:
* Accepts increasingly complex and developing responsibilities.
* Acts as a liaison and resource person to physicians, management, patients and staff.
* Assist the Directors, Managers, and Supervisors with efficient, professional problem solving within the department assigned.
* Maintains working area neat and clean.
* May be responsible for arranging celebrations for retirement, incoming-outgoing management personnel for designated areas.
* Seeks and accepts constructive criticism and implements actions designed for self-improvement.
* Works independently, effectively, and appropriately with minimal supervision.
* Completes reports/projects in a timely manner.
* May be responsible for departmental Time and Attendance correction in accordance with facility and AHS guidelines.
* May be responsible for managing the CWR workforce in PeopleSoft.
* Assumes responsibility for making decisions affecting the daily operation of the department.
* Carries out secretarial responsibilities in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Collects mail correspondence/letters/memos and distributes to Director/Manager and other departments on a daily basis for designated areas.
* Compiles information; types and maintains agendas/minutes for Director, Manager & Clinical Coordinator in a timely manner.
* Exhibits courtesy and sensitivity when interacting with staff, physicians, and management.
* Functions effectively in stressful situations and prioritizes tasks efficiently and effectively.
* Maintains a positive working relationship with peers and with those in authority.
* Maintains and managers scheduling for meetings/conference rooms for departmental leadership.
* Maintains expense reports for designated leadership.
* Maintains manuals and files for assigned department(s).
* Maintains monthly birthday list/cards for the department.
* Maintains/distributes/posts on intranet updated policy/procedures for unit manuals for designated areas.
* Exhibits willingness to help co-workers when requested.
* Protects and maintains confidentiality of employees, patients, departmental and personnel information.
* May prepares and assists staff scheduling with the help of departmental leadership.
* May be responsible for maintaining all staff competencies, orientation checklist records.
* Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: annual education, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in safety manual and as pertains to each work area.
* Supports departmental and organizational Mission through:
* Appropriate use of resources
* Providing assistance to team members
* Accepting work or schedule assignments
* Participating in process and performance improvement as required.
* Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement.
* Contributes to the successful achievement of department stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
* All other duties assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Ability to read text and numbers in English, with demonstrated ability to comprehend, measure, reason, match and problem solve.
* Ability to learn and apply computer related applications and programs, including using electronic keyboards and other peripheral devices.
* Mature judgment and the ability to handle confidential information within Florida Hospital guidelines and applicable regulations.
* Ability to communicate verbally and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective and professional manner.
* Critical thinking / problem solving skills
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Teamwork, tact and conflict resolution
* Organizational / multitasking skills
* Use of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel)
* Ability to provide leadership, direction, and solve complex problems
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of three (3) years experience in administrative/secretarial/office functions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
* Associates degree in business or related field
* Knowledge of payroll data entry
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* Previous healthcare experience
* Previous experience in designated department
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
* Not applicable
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
This position requires an individual with experience in administrative functions, sound understanding of departmental business objectives and organization of daily departmental operations that are basic and complex in nature. These duties will be performed in an acceptable manner according to the hospitals mission, vision, goals and management expectations.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.