Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway, Daytona Beach FL 32117
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth
Career growth and advancement potential
Faith Based organization
State of the art lab facilities
You will be responsible for:
* Demonstrates competency in performing registrations, vena punctures and bleeding times on the following age groups of patients:
* Obtains demographic/ insurance information through patient and/or family member interviews.
* Interviews patient or family members to gather demographic and insurance information including patient address, emergency contacts, guarantor, religion, insurance companies and plans.
* Inputs patient registration information into computer system and verifies accuracy of data entered.
* Ensures patient orders are received when needed and include the required information including physician signature, diagnosis and ordered tests.
* Maintains a positive relationship with physicians and physician offices regarding inpatient admissions and outpatient procedures and testing.
* Prints face sheets, labels, and wristbands and other miscellaneous paperwork to complete the registration process.
* Ensures Insurance Requirements and Authorizations are obtained to guarantee proper reimbursement.
* Knowledge of Insurance Companies and requirements to obtain authorizations.
* Knowledge of On-Line verifications and authorization systems including but not limited to Availity, Emdeon, FHHS and UnitedhealthCare.
* Knowledge of Medicare Medical Necessity requirements.
* Complete understanding of the LMRP Software program.
* Securing and Releasing of Patient Valuables.
* Knowledge of gathering and release of patient valuables as to policy including proper verbiage, documentation and storage.
* Maintaining knowledge of the collections and cashiering functions.
* Collects all Co-Pays, Coinsurances, and Deductibles due the hospital at time of service.
* Discusses financial arrangements with incoming patients and/or family members and explains billing and collections policies.
* Patient Transportation.
* Ensures all patients are properly transported to the receiving areas. Transports patient via wheelchair or accompaniment to departments based on patient condition or hospital requirement
* Maintains professional competence by attending continuing education meetings, in-services, etc. with documentation in personnel file.
* Attends mandatory in-services and other meetings required by department and hospital.
* Communicates with other hospital personnel in a professional manner.
* Adheres to safety policies and procedures.
* Demonstrates good public relations with patients, employees and the public.
* Assists in the orientation /training of new Outpatient Technicians.
* Performs related duties when required.
* Other related duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Requires a high school diploma or GED.
* Six months previous of medical/hospital office or customer service experience required.
* Phlebotomy experience required.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Patient Access, interviews patients and/or families to complete the registration process. Receives patients, interprets physician's orders, enters physician's order into computer, answers telephone and routes calls. Handles patients that present in the laboratory as phlebotomy skills are required. Constant contact with patients, families, physicians' offices, and hospital staff.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.