Develops and modifies Full Stack Web Applications with some guidance. Designs and codes data validation and processing tasks while providing debugging and documentation of programs.
Is familiar and understands .NET to develop specific applications within the .NET framework.
* Responsible for understanding current and upcoming project/research data to provide guidance and best practices in data analysis and data processing.
* Ensures integrity and security of institutional data.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT (Proficient):
- Demonstrates the ability to conduct programming to build or enhance advanced programs. Has conducted the basic phases of programming including program design, coding from specifications, testing according to test specifications, debugging, and program documentation. Able to design software and systems with minimal specifications to address and facilitate research projects. In terms of structured programming, if applicable, demonstrated knowledge of the basic coding constructs. Awareness of the importance of proper formatting of source code for its readability and to facilitate maintenance. Effectively incorporates utilities where needed.
APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):
- Has received training and/or has a solid understanding of the standards and procedures required regarding applications development such as basic security considerations, coding, development and design guidelines and methodologies, etc. Adheres to the established standards, procedures, guidelines and methodologies within the work area.
APPLICATIONS SYSTEM DESIGN - (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):
- Has knowledge and moderate experience to basic systems design tasks such as designing system architecture and flow, preparing functional design and file specifications, designing new documents, screens and reports, preparing program requirements and specifications, and preparing implementation and testing plans. Worked with transaction, object oriented, graphical user interface and other concepts and architectures. In terms of structured systems design, if applicable, has had classroom training or independent study in principles of structured design. Has an understanding of concepts such as cohesion, coupling, data flow graphics, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize problems and suggest solutions to technical issues related to hardware, software, and networks in the system
* Organizational Impact: Delivers job responsibilities that impact own job area/team with some guidance.
* Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Uses existing procedures, research and analysis to solve standard job-related problems that may require some judgement and subject matter expertise.
* Breadth of Knowledge: Requires subject matter knowledge within a professional area to meet job requirements.
* Team Interaction: Individually contributes to project/ work teams.
* Bachelors (or equivalent experience) and <1 years experience * Master's Degree (or equivalent experience) (Recommended)
* Day Shift/Exempt Position
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Internal Number: 2001835
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.