To provide smooth and efficient processing for all patients referred and seen in the MCH Outpatient Specialty Center: Cardiology and Congenital Cardiac Surgery Center. To ensure a positive atmosphere during the entire continuum of care for all customers including, patients, families, physicians, case managers, payers, and members of the healthcare team.
Essential job Functions:
1.Responsible for coordination of all billing for patients referred and seen in the MCH Outpatient Specialty Center: Cardiology and Congenital Cardiac Surgery Center. Organizes all appropriate documentation to ensure maximum reimbursement for services rendered.
2. Responsible for coordinating all documentation for clinical services to ensure appropriate utilization of services and payment for services rendered. Submits billing packets timely.
3. Establishes and maintains courteous relations with patients, families, physicians and their office personnel, payer representatives, and other Miller Children's Hospital personnel. Active demonstration of excellence in customer service philosophy and service recovery.
4. Prepares reports to Managers and other selected individuals to track clinical and financial measures.
5. Coordinates scheduling of appointments, procedures, surgeries, and labs as needed to ensure timely access to services and clinical care.
6. Performs directed clerical functions which include, but may not be limited to, answering the phone, returning phone calls, obtaining insurance verification for all patients, getting signatures of the physicians on documents, providing physician lists of patients, and photocopying and coordinating with multiple offices.
7. Responsible to weekly reconcile copayments and keep accurate documentation.
8. Obtain authorization as needed for tests (CT, MRI, PET scans, etc.), referrals to specialists, medications, and inpatient stays as requested.