Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a difference - you belong at Banner Staffing Services
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for scheduling surgical, cardiovascular or obstetrical procedures using a computerized scheduling system. The position is also responsible for entering patient charges, orders, and other pertinent information into the system and compiling and reporting statistical information to management. The incumbent may act as an office liaison for department staff, physicians, and patient families.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Coordinates case times for elective, urgent or emergent surgeries, cardiovascular or obstetrical procedures in a computerized scheduling system. Verifies and reviews physician privilege status prior to scheduling. Interfaces with medical staff office to maintain log of current privilege status and maintains confidentially of all information. May acquire and maintain physician preference information and staff roster.
2. Acquires authorization numbers, History and Physicals, results of laboratory tests and verifies that they are current. Orders previous medical records for the day of the procedure, when necessary.
3. Types and prints physician orders for multiple physicians and departments. Schedules and maintains physician block time, and block time releases.
4. Enters physician's orders for lab, blood bank, medical imaging, and cardiology. Enters results of diagnostic tests, patient registration information and patient charges. Compiles data and prepares statistical reports for management.
5. Conducts charge management audits for assigned area. Reconciles charge packet information with the audit. Identifies missed or incorrect charges and corrects when appropriate.
6. Acts as a receptionist to assigned unit; answers phones, relays message. Greets and directs patients, visitors, physicians, and families and answers questions about policies and procedures. Acts as a liaison among nursing units, physician and staff to relay patient data. Screens requests for patient information and refers to appropriate staff. Records and types minutes of staff meetings, when required. Prepares and distributes staff call roster each month.
7. Enters facility work orders and supply orders when required by assigned department. Requests repairs/maintenance for business machines in the department. Arranges for pickup and delivery of instruments and equipment and completes all necessary paperwork.
8. This position has responsibility for scheduling surgeries and procedures and maintaining a smooth workflow in the area. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, under stressful situations, set priorities and maintain highly confidential information.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 2 years of medical clerical experience; preferably in a hospital central scheduling or physician office scheduling setting. Knowledge of medical terminology is required. Also requires knowledge of payor contract terms and processes. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Requires effective teamworking skills and the ability to meet deadlines and productivity standards.
The position requires knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software and the ability to use computerized scheduling systems. Must possess the ability to maintain accurate statistical records, gather data, and produce reports.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R14232
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.