The Physician Liaison for Baylor Scott and White Health (BSWH) supports and implements the marketing strategic plan and establishes, maintains and grows relationships between providers and/or physician practices and Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) facilities as well as the Baylor Scott & White (BSW) Quality Alliance. The liaison executes initiatives related to increasing loyalty and preference to BSWH and affiliated programs.
Primary liaison activities include communicating with and educating physicians, providers and office staff for the purpose of relationship development, identification of service improvement opportunities, market intelligence and increasing awareness of BSWH service lines and services. The liaison provides a conduit of information and communication between BSWH administrative leadership, physicians and the community.
In addition, the Physician Liaison for BSWH has the following responsibilities:
· Evaluates market data, competitive information and financial data to understand the market and BSWH's services
· Focuses on service lines and clinical priorities identified in BSWH hospital strategic plans
· Participates in initiatives to build volume and favorable provider perceptions among internal and external customers
· Develops and maintains relationships with assigned physicians and office staff, provides education on facility services and how to access them
· Works collaboratively with service lines leaders, managers and others to gather/share feedback and market intelligence from the field
· Identifies, monitors and documents relationship histories, including details of contacts and meetings with providers and staff, by maintaining a relationship and contact management database
· Works collaboratively with other system functions that interact with physician offices, including medical staff services, Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance, affiliates, joint ventures, continuing medical education.
· Establishes and maintains ongoing communication with providers and/or office staff, including routine and follow-up visits, service recovery issues/concerns, educational opportunities, physician alignment, clinical trials, etc.
· Identifies tactics to promote provider interaction and engagement including new physician orientation, site visits, networking events, grand rounds, CMEs, Speakers Bureau and other communication methods.
· Develops meaningful relationships with internal key contacts and opinion leaders including program directors/managers, nurse managers, office staff and others. Participates in assigned service line meetings and programs
· Coordinates physician and provider educational visits to internal and external physicians and staff
· Works with administrative, clinical and support staff to resolve customer service issues identified
· Works with BSWH marketing team to develop and maintain marketing materials and websites describing services
· Maintains knowledge and adheres to Stark and IRS regulations to protect the organization and minimize risk regarding regulatory and compliance issues
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional communicator with a confident presence and a proven success building relationships and driving efficiencies.
Specialty/Department/Practice Marketing and Sales
Shift/Schedule Monday-Friday Days Full Time
Our competitive benefits package includes:
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
QUALIFICATION - EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 2 years experience required
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!