Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. We've united under a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. It's a lofty goal, but it's one we're committed to seeing through. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Apply now.
TOCA at Banner Health is at the forefront of the Integrated Service Model. We are committed to continually improving our delivery of orthopedic care to meet the needs of our patients. Our Board-certified & Fellow-trained Physicians specialize in: Fracture Care, Joint Replacement, Sports Medicine, Physical Therapy, Hand Therapy, Digital X-Ray, MRI, Bracing & Orthotics, and more!! By utilizing the most innovative procedures and true state-of-the-art technology, our staff of general orthopedists and sub-specialists have earned a reputation for providing consistent specialized orthopedic care. TOCA's reputation is built on treating each patient's specific needs, which is one of reasons why we are the choice of primary care physicians and performance athletes throughout the Valley (Tempe, Scottsdale, Phoenix, and Glendale). We are also honored to be the official team physicians and orthopedic surgeons for Arizona State University.
TOCA at Banner strives to push boundaries, challenge the norm, and come up with ways to make health care easy for our patients and for our staff. The clinic is conveniently located in the Biltmore area. If you are looking to be challenged, work with a large team that is focused on getting the absolute best results for patients, then TOCA at Banner (Highland) is just the place to start or continue your journey in healthcare. As a Workmen's Comp Scheduler , you will be able to use your experiences with coordinating with workers' compensation insurance plans via phone and email, provide our patients, nurse case managers and adjusters with customer service, consistently demonstrating positive care and concern, ensure all industrial patients are properly triaged, insurance authorized and scheduled for care. You will be receiving and managing Industrial/Workers Compensation scheduling and authorization needs to ensure the continuum of care for the patient meeting the expectations of the treating Physician. This role primarily focuses on working knowledge of Workers' Compensation for our customers who send their employee's to TOCA for care. A career with TOCA at Banner is great if you are just starting out; or have many years' experience. Everyone at Banner contributes to our patients lives! Our team is like a family and we help one another, empower one another to make decisions, and encourage natural talents so each member can grow.
Shift Mon-Fri 8:00a-5:00p
POSITION SUMMARY This position coordinates a smooth patient flow process by answering phones, scheduling patient appointments, providing registration of patient and insurance information, obtaining required signatures following established processes, procedures and standards. This position also verifies insurance coverage, validates referrals and authorizations, collects patient liability and provides financial guidance to patients to maximize medical services reimbursement efforts. This also includes accurately posting patients at the point of service and releasing information in accordance with organizational and compliance policies and guidelines.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs registration/check-in processes, including but not limited to performing data entry activities, providing patients with appropriate information and intake forms, obtaining necessary signatures and generating population health summary.
2. Verifies insurance eligibility benefits for services rendered with the payors and documents appropriately. Assists in obtaining or validating pre-certification, referrals, and authorizations
3. Calculates and collects patient liability according to verification of insurance benefits and expected reimbursement. Explains and provides financial policies and available resources for alternative payment arrangements to patients and their families.
4. Enters payments/charges for services rendered and performs daily payment/charge reconciliation in a timely and accurate manner. Balances cash drawer at the beginning and end of the day and prepares daily bank deposit with necessary paperwork sent to centralized billing for record purposes.
5. Schedules office visits and procedures within the medical practice(s) and external practices as necessary. Maximizes reimbursement by scheduling patients in accordance with payor plan provisions. Confirms patient appointments for the following day as necessary and ensures patients are properly prepared for visits.
6. Demonstrates proactive interpersonal communications skills while dealing with patient concerns through telephone calls, emails and in-person conversations. Optimizes patient flow by using effective customer service/communication skills by communicating to internal and external customers, care team, management, centralized services and HIMS.
7. Assists in responding to requests for patient medical records according to company policies and procedures, and state and federal laws.
8. Provides a variety of patient services to assist in patient flow including but not limited to escorting patients, taking vitals and patient history, assisting in patient treatment, distributing mail and fax information, ordering supplies, etc.
9. Works independently under regular supervision and follows structured work routines. Works in a fast paced, multi-task environment with high volume and immediacy needs requiring independent decision making and sound judgment to prioritize work and ensure appropriateness and timeliness of each patient's care. This position requires the ability to retain large amounts of changing payor information/knowledge crucial to attaining reimbursement for the services provided. Primary external customers include patients and their families, physician office staff and third party payors.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services or insurance industry experience processes normally acquired over one or more years of work experience. Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work independently. Requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences. Strong knowledge in the use of common office software, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software are required.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Work experience with the Company's systems and processes is preferred. Previous cash collections experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.