Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
When facing a cancer diagnosis, a common question is, "where can I go for help?" The answer is Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. By partnering with MD Anderson, one of the nation's leading cancer centers, Banner Health's cancer care includes outstanding cancer programs that integrate the latest in research, education and prevention. All Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center locations in Arizona and Colorado provide care based on the same protocols and practice standards provided at MD Anderson in Houston. We believe patient care is most effective when it's truly collaborative. Our evidence-based, multidisciplinary approach brings together physicians from all cancer specialties to provide highly coordinated and compassionate care. Our cancer experts include medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, physician specialists, nurses and clinical support staff. A vital member of the team includes our clinical nurse navigators who work closely with patients, guiding them through their first visit and serving as a single point of contact throughout their care. From prevention to treatment and beyond, no matter where our patients are on their cancer journey, the team at Banner MD Anderson will be by their side.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our Surgical Oncology Team! This position will support 5-7 surgeons. Our team encompasses Breast, Rectal, GI, Thoracic, and Urology.
Hours are Mon-Fri 8a-430p
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides clerical and administrative services and assistance requiring occasional discretion and judgment.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Word processes correspondence and reports from rough drafts, editing grammar, punctuation, or spelling as needed. This may include taking and transcribing dictation involving general business and healthcare vocabulary and a limited range of specialized terminology.
2. Prepares, collates, and distributes various reports in a timely and accurate manner. This includes completing or handling recurring department projects or one-time projects, as directed by supervisor.
3. Screens telephone calls and visitors and directs to appropriate parties. Provides information to callers, requiring detailed knowledge of department's area of responsibility and general knowledge of company policies, practices, and operations.
4. Performs confidential administrative functions on occasion where errors could have moderate effect on costs, such as typing, proofing, and assembling reports or proposals for customers or outside agencies and taking, transcribing and distributing minutes of important meetings.
5. May coordinate supervisor's and/or department's calendar, including scheduling meetings and appointments, following established instructions. May coordinate meeting and training classes, registration and preparation of materials, AVA setup, and other classroom preparation. May present classes. May develop meeting/classroom fliers and material and prepare summary data of attendance, etc. may reconcile related invoices and expenses. May arrange travel and hotel accommodations as necessary.
6. May open and screen mail directed to supervisor. Composes responses to routine inquiries, and ascertains which items can be delegated to subordinate managers, and forward appropriate items to manager.
7. May provide clerical and administrative support to department staff, maintaining a high degree of confidentiality on all sensitive information this position is privy to.
8. May maintain supply inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
9. This position primarily focuses on supporting one supervisor. This position has frequent interaction with, but is not limited to, employees, physicians, patients, visitors, community agencies, vendors, etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Working knowledge of clerical and administrative services as normally demonstrated through three years administrative support experience.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital and the Boswell SNF must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson or BUMC-P Whole Health Counseling must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Must have the ability to follow oral and written directions as they relate to the functions listed above. Must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with departmental personnel, assist customers with inquiries, schedule meetings and appointments, as well as, provide assistance with incoming telephone calls and walk-ins. Must have a working knowledge of personal software packages to perform the clerical and administrative functions described above. Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task workload in a fast paced environment and maintain a professional manner.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Associate's degree
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.