In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
This can be a remote position if you live in the following states only: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, IA, MO, ND, NE, NV, TX, UT, WA, & WY
Supports Regulatory Director, and RI leadership through identification and problem solving compliance. coding and billing regulatory risks. Works closely with Information Analysts, Coding, Billing and CDI Teams to review trends, develop educational materials and workflows and monitor for compliance.
We are a highly motivated team of self-starters. Manager is very hands on, but work style is very collaborative. Individual contributions are greatly valued,
The Revenue Integrity Project Coordinator will support the Regulatory Director, and Revenue Integrity leadership through identification and problem solving compliance and coding and billing regulatory risks. They will work closely with Information Analysts, Coding, Billing and CDI Teams to review trends, develop educational materials and workflows and monitor for compliance.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is responsible for the coordination of all Regulatory Research Team efforts in support of achieving organizational strategic initiatives. The position has a shared responsibility to assist in achieving team goals and targeted areas.
1. Provides support of regulatory information support and acts as a knowledge resource for the revenue cycle. Identifies, problem-solves and troubleshoots emerging compliance, coding and billing regulatory risks. This may include monitoring and reviewing emerging payer regulatory documents and evaluates, notifies and educates the revenue cycle of the changes and how they affect Banner. Develops and conducts programs with educational materials, procedures and exercises that are task/function specific using a variety of learning and evaluation strategies for all staff.
2. Assist leadership in monitoring and directing regulatory information to Banner leadership. Research, develop, and provide regulatory changes education to the revenue cycle and Banner Leadership. Supports leadership in the development of project implementation strategies. Serves as a liaison to the Information Analysts. Develops and updates regulatory project documents, written materials and procedures.
3. Verify implementation of regulatory changes as needed. Work closely with the Information Analysts to verify accurate regulatory reporting.
4. Works collaboratively with Senior Leadership to monitor regulatory changes with in industry trends.
5. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
6. Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards.
Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Must possess a current knowledge of business and/or healthcare as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration, healthcare administration or related field, plus advanced training in Health Information Management requirements and systems and in adult learning principles.
In the acute care coding environment, requires a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) in an active status with the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
In the ambulatory coding environment, requires Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P), with RHIA, RHIT or CCS certification preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of related experience, including 2 years in a Coding, Billing, Revenue Cycle role.
Requires a broad range of skills, in multiple complex areas of operations and workflow.
Must be proficient in the use of common office and presentation software and have an advanced knowledge and experience with computer healthcare applications and hardware.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.