Under general supervision, processes applications for appointment/re-appointment of practitioners requesting or renewing membership and privileges at DMC system hospitals and affiliated operating units. Maintains physician database and performs all primary source verifications for appointment, reappointment and changes in staff status. Scans and appends electronic attachments to the appropriate electronic file. Ensures the timely completion of applications by communicating with and assisting the applicants in submitting all documentation necessary to process the applications. Receives and files approval letters and privileges. Adheres to credentialing policies/procedures, hospital by-laws, department rules/regulations and medical staff policies. Participates in the development and implementation of process improvements for the system-wide credentialing process. Participates in professional development programs and professional organizations to enhance understanding of various regulations and legislation of the health care industry.
1. High school diploma or equivalent. Two years of post high school secretarial, office management or equivalent education/training strongly preferred.
2. Two years of medical affairs office or credentialing experience in managed care, hospital, or physician practice. OR Three years of experience in a role requiring a high level of analytical ability and coordination of processes.
3. CPCS or CMSC certification preferred.
4. Knowledge of ECHO or other credentialing software preferred.
5. Knowledge of NCQA and JCAHO standards, NPDB guidelines and general licensing regulations preferred.
6. Basic knowledge of medical terminology desired.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105017233
About Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.