At Banner Health, we understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our more than 50,000 employees many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. The people of Banner Health are focused on delivering excellent care to our patients. In return, we are committed to excellence in personal development for all our employees.
The Chandler Health Center strives to make Health Care Easier. So life can be Better. Not only for our patients but our office as a whole. The Chandler Health Center is actively growing and expanding in size. Currently we support a multi-specialty practice of Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Behavioral Health, Clinical Pharm D (Tele Health), and OB/GYN along with Onsight x-ray and Sonora Quest lab . This team is like a think tank created by Banner Health to push boundaries, challenge the norm, and come up with ways to make health care easy for our patients and for our staff. If you are passionate about being challenged to work with a growing team that is focused on getting the absolute best results for patients, the Chandler Health Center is just the place to start or continue your journey in healthcare.
Main Responsibilities : Primary job responsibility is referral coordination for East Valley woman's health team. There will be some supporting our Surgery Scheduling and Prior Authorization team as an as needed basis. This will be a front office position.
Work Schedule : Monday through Friday 8:00AM - 4:30PM (No Weekends of Holidays!)
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is located in a medical clinic or physician's practice and coordinates the scheduling of appointments for physicians in the practice or surgical procedures, diagnostic tests, physical therapy, pain management, and other special tests as directed by physicians. This position is also responsible for obtaining necessary authorizations, pre-certifications and/or referrals.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides customer service for patients, families, hospital scheduling departments, and other physician's offices. Acts as a resource to resolve room availability conflicts.
2. Receives physician's orders and completes patient registration. Obtains necessary authorizations, pre-certifications and/or referrals. Works closely with the billing department to ensure accurate coding for all charges.
3. Schedules and re-schedules patients as necessary. Confirms patient's appointments for the following days and informs patients of physician's orders or special instructions prior to appointment or procedure.
4. Answers incoming calls, which may include screening calls, taking messages and providing information to patients, physicians, providers, hospitals and staff. Documents correspondence in the patient's medical record. Updates demographic and insurance information in the practice management system.
5. Assists physicians in examination room when required. Assists front office in answering phones, scheduling appointments, taking messages, prescription refills, locating information and other related duties when necessary.
6. May have supervisory accountability and/or provide direction to support staff.
7. This position has the responsibility of assuring efficient scheduling and workflow of the operation while maintaining outstanding customer relations. Interacts with patients, physicians, third party payers, vendors, registration and central scheduling staff, medical records, billing, and clinical staff.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
The position requires skills normally gained with 2 years of scheduling experience in a physician's office or hospital. Medical terminology may be required for some assignments. Must possess excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
Must be proficient with commonly used office software and have the ability to use software typically used for medical practice management and scheduling. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson or BUMC-P Whole Health Counseling must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Knowledge of ICD-9, CPT, and HCPCS coding is strongly preferred. Sound working knowledge of various types of insurance plans and/or worker's compensation preferred. Bi-lingual in Spanish may be preferred for some assignments.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.