Staffing Coordinator Orlando North Care Center FT Days
Location: Orlando, Florida
Internal Number: 21040666
The Staffing Coordinator performs all functions related to scheduling and staffing for Nursing within the facility. May assist other departments as required and designated by the Director of Nursing.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Maintains tracking and scheduling of PDO and vacation request.
· Creates and maintains a six week nursing schedule.
· Completes computer staffing programs daily.
· Ensures that shift changes and requests are accurate and in writing
· Completes daily staffing needs for each unit and ensures adequate staffing is maintained per state regulation.
· Collects previous days staffing and keeps in a staffing book for safekeeping.
· Attends daily CQI and provides a report daily of staffing needs, to include number of CNA’s and nurses on each shift, number of agency staff on and the location of the assignment of each shift, and number of call offs.
· Advise Administrator and Director of Nursing daily of agency use and tracks in the computer.
· Post the daily staffing for each unit on the unit.
· Tracks and monitors labor hours per patient day.
· Tracks staffing agency use.
· Accepts all call offs from staff Monday-Friday 8am -4:30pm. Replaces call offs.
· Tracks attendance and sends quarterly letters to employees.
· Tracks call offs.
· Tracks tardiness.
· Assists with payroll.
· Tracks shift bonuses, extra shift worked bonuses, and attendance bonuses.
· Reports discrepancies in the pay scale to the Director of Nursing.
· Mails out performance evaluation appointment forms to employees due for their 90-day and annual review.
· Tracks 90 day and Annual Evaluations.
· Files pre-employment tracking sheets.
· Enforces the call off protocol
· Maintains the Holiday Request Sign-up Sheet.
· Maintains the agency justification sheet.
· Reviews the Weekly Salaried time sheets and repots results to the Director of Nursing.
· Maintains the Payroll Adjustment Forms.
· Maintains a current copy of the Nursing Supervisor On-Call Sheet.
· Maintains the preceptor/orientation list. Makes every effort to maintain a new employee with a seasoned preceptor.
· Posts a sign-up list each week for the shifts that are available for overtime for Nurses and CNA’s.
· Maintains an updated phone list of key personnel and nursing staff every two weeks.
· Maintains and updated and current list of the nursing agencies that have been approved for use.
· Alerts Director of Nursing of any issues with agency nurses or CNA’s so that the agency Director of Nursing can be contacted.
· Reviews the on-call 24-hour report daily to review call offs.
· Checks the bonuses assigned to nursing staff for accuracy.
· Reviews the punch list with Human Resources and the Director of Nursing to determine accuracy of the weekly punch list.
· Sends out weekend call off letters.
· Maintains open communication with the restorative supervisor to determine the number of restorative staff needed.
· Reviews and maintains the time request slip daily. Alerts the Director of Nursing in writing of issues and problems.
· Tracks and monitors daily labor hours per patient days in the computer.
· Maintains daily attendance records for each employee.
· Maintains a daily CNA and Nurse float list.
· Read and understand the guidelines for minimum staffing. Immediately reports any under staffing to the Administrator and Director of Nursing.
· Completes cost transfer sheets when applicable.
· Weekly completes the open positions for Director of Nursing using the Open Positions Weekly Report.
· Completes a monthly staffing Quality Assurance Report.
· Alerts Director of Nursing of the staff the needs to attend SHARE training.
· Updates schedule boards daily each a.m., on each unit so that residents and families are aware who the assigned personnel are. Monitor that all shifts have assigned personnel to post the nursing assignments for public viewing as well.
· Inform the Director of Nursing when 90 day and annual evaluations are due.
· Review agency invoices to ensure accuracy.
· Complete agency billing every week and turn in a billing for payment.
· Understands and refers to all policies and procedures regarding staffing.
· Maintains a book with all current policies and procedures regarding staffing to refer to as needed.
· Participates in Staff Orientation.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be required
· Attends staff education, training, and other meetings
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Empathy and compassion
· Understand and carry out non-technical oral and written instructions
· Possess a sense of responsibility
· Exhibit emotional stability, patience, and a sympathetic attitude toward the sick
· Possess the ability to maintain good relationships with personnel
· Demonstrates computer proficiency and is willing to learn necessary computer programs
· Ability to read, write, and speak English
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Must be 18 years of age or older
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERED:
· Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
· Enrolled in a State approved Nurse’s Aide training program and complete that certified testing within 120 days of employment
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.