Rehab Wellness Center Department Secretary Days 40 hours
MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Location: Town of Framingham, Massachusetts
Admin / Clerical
Internal Number: 2105035651
Under general supervision of a Rehabilitation Manager and according to established Hospital policies and procedures the rehab customer service representative performs a variety of duties including, but not limited to, compiling, preparing, and maintaining records, schedule management and charge entry. Possesses excellent customer service skills. Assists rehab staff in maintaining efficient and effective operations of the department. Promotes a courteous, efficient, and professional image to all customers. The Rehab customer service representative is the initial point of contact at the Rehab site and sets the tone for the patient experience in the department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, families, visitors, coworkers, physicians, insurance companies, and other employees in a manner which protects patient confidentiality and demonstrates respect.
2. Accuracy with registration, insurance authorization, billing and co pay collection. Familiar with department insurance authorization standards and procedure and assures authorization compliance. Verifies co pay for each patient and collects as appropriate.
3. Maintain schedule at specific location. Schedules appointments and manages schedule to meet department census and clinical staff availability.
4. Chart and record maintenance. Initiates, maintains, and updates patient charts, inserting appropriate forms, ancillary department reports, consults, etc. Prepares charts for medical records when patient is discharged.
5. Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Proactive, self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills
2. Ability to work independently, or as part of a team, while meeting established attendance expectations, and maintaining focus and productivity standards
3. Must possess strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and problem solving skills with the ability to multitask as well as prioritize daily assignments to ensure a smooth workflow.
4. Establishes and maintains efficient and effective office systems.
5. Prior experience in a healthcare setting and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
6. Must possess computer skills to input and retrieve clinical information, as well as patient registration and appointment information and charge entry.
1. Busy office environment often involving task prioritization.
2. Must consistently be available to work scheduled hours. This includes occasional assignment to another rehab site based
on departmental demands.
3. Resolves customer concerns, with supervision as needed. May experience extreme patient volumes and challenging customers.
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
Required: High School Graduate or equivalent
Required: 1 Year in a physician's office or hospital administrative setting.
Primary Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Facility: MetroWest Framingham Union Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.