The Medical Office Coordinator is responsible for greeting patients, answering phones and scheduling appointments. The collection of accurate patient demographics, insurance verification, referral processing, and various other areas of data entry. Coordinates the daily operations of the physician office, including the medical records process, patient and physician scheduling, overseeing the front desk, confirming appointments, and ordering office supplies. Will be responsible for charge entry and patient balance processing and the daily reconciliation of charges and payments.
1. Greeting patients, answering phones and scheduling appointments
2. Collection of accurate patient demographics
3. Answers telephones in a prompt and courteous manner
4. Insurance verification
5. Referral processing
6. Will be responsible for charge entry and patient balance processing and the daily reconciliation of charges and payments
7. Displays concern and provides assistance or explains procedures as appropriate to callers or in face-to-face situations
8. Ensures that all contacts with patients, the public, physicians and other personnel are carried out in a friendly, courteous, helpful and considerate manner
9. Manage, copy, and review medical records to ensure accuracy
10. Coordinates the daily operations of the physician office, including the medical records process, patient and physician scheduling, overseeing the front desk, confirming appointments, and ordering office supplies
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a Physician Practice/Medical field preferred
Healthcare background is strongly desirable
EMR/EHR experience preferred, NextGen or Athena experience preferred
Proficiency in a windows environment with a working knowledge of Word, Outlook, and the Internet is required
Willingness to be flexible and adaptable in a complex, matrix environment
Primary Location: Delray Beach, Florida
Facility: Tenet Florida Physician Services
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.