Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
16 Hours per Week
Monday - Friday, Rotating Saturday
Variable Day Shift
Summary: The Physician Office Secretary provides consistently courteous, friendly, and professional customer service to patients.
Responsibilities: 1. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: scheduling appointments registering patients verification of insurance coverage and eligibilityposting office and hospital charges collecting and securing payments performing end-of-day balancing and reconciliation facilitating patient referrals and completing forms and documents.
2. Responsible for office typing, retrieving and filing charts and chart documents, answering the phone, mail distribution and assisting and/or answering questions from parents/patients within specified guidelines.
3. Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a timely and efficient manner and completes assignments during scheduled working hours.
4. Assists all team members and provides cross-coverage for other physician office secretaries within the ACHP network of offices.
5. Performs other assigned tasks to promote efficient practice operation and contribute to the delivery of quality patient care.
6. May be required to provide cross-coverage, as needed.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written coupled with excellent customer service skills are required.
2. Excellent organizational skills coupled with the ability to work well under pressure to meet established timelines for assigned tasks and responsibilities.
3. Knowledge of and experience in medical terminology is preferred.
4. Experience in medical office billing is preferred.
5. Collaborates with other members of the team to ensure quality service delivery to patients and their families.
6. Experience working in a healthcare environment is preferred.
7. Strong computer skills with experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or similar software is required.
8. Experience working in electronic charting software (e.g. EPIC) or similar software is preferred.
Education and Experience 1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) training from the American Heart Association is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: Minimum one (1) year of experience is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: