Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
40 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Variable Day Shift
Summary: The Patient Service Representative (PSR) Team Leader oversees and coordinates the tasks and work processes of the -PSR I and PSR II positions, and any other support staff as designated by the Manager. The Team Leader is also responsible for completing the specific duties and responsibilities listed below.
Responsibilities: 1. Leads the PSR/Registration Team by setting and revising priorities based on workload and anticipating needs and deadlines.
2. Responsible for creating and maintain a team culture within the department, ensuring daily workload is effectively and efficiently managed to completion.
3. Responsible for maintaining a professional work environment which includes respect for patients, patient families and other office staff members.
4. Maintains a confidential work environment to protect the confidential information of patients, families and other staff members.
5. Effectively communicates to department management team regarding information impacting delivery of services to patients, and the work environment of team members.
6. Responsible for the overall management of materials/office supplies to ensure uninterrupted flow of office operations.
7. Follows through on routine tasks and general office duties, including but not limited to faxing, copying, filing, mailings, promptly returning phone calls.
8. Maintains appointment calendar for physicians, schedules patient visits or other diagnostic testing utilizing hospital procedures and resources.
9. Develops and maintains positive relationship with patients and families via prompt and caring response to questions, requests, etc.
10. Knowledge of health insurance and managed care requirements with regard to referrals and diagnostic tests, including accurate and timely completion/submission of forms for the various insurance companies.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience in customer service including the ability to effectively interact with patients, families and other related parties, is required.
2. In depth knowledge of job functions performed by PSR I and PSR II, as well as other office team members.
3. Strong problem-solving skills with a focus on excellent customer service and ability to coordinate multiple resources.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills for use when interacting with patients, families, co-workers, physicians and management.
5. Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor less experienced team members, is required.
6. Working knowledge of computers and relevant software programs used within the work area is required.
7. Ability to type a minimum of 35 words per minute (wpm) is required.
8. Experience working in healthcare setting is preferred.
9. Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or similar software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required Associate degree is preferred.
2. Certification: None.
3. Years of relevant experience: Minimum of 3 years relevant experience is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: No supervisor experience is required, however, strong skills in coaching and mentoring other employees is highly desired.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: