JOB SUMMARY: The Supp Nursing Support Coordinator (NSC) performs staffing functions on a shift-to-shift basis; assuring adequate staffing levels are maintained in the Inpatient Units, Outpatient Clinics and Emergency Department. NSC must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work well under pressure and handle rigorous demands. NSC must be well organized, analytical, and must be able to make tough staffing recommendations to nursing leaders. NSC must be able to build relationships, negotiate and persuade.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: High School Diploma/GED required. Associate Degree plus one (1) year related experience preferred, OR Licensed Vocational Nurse with one (1) year related experience preferred OR five (5) years commensurate experience required
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 1 year staffing, advanced secretarial or office manager duties in health care environment; experience using Kronos software preferred
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): NA
4. Equipment Operated: Various office equipment: faxes, computers, Printers, copiers, etc.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contract) Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking) Writing /Composing: Correspondence / Reports
2. Other Skills:
Analytical, Mathematics, Medical Terms, Typing wpm 35, P.C., MS Word, MS Excel
3. Advanced Education: N/A
4. Work Schedule: Weekends, Holidays, Overtime
5. Other Requirements: Must have good organizational and interpersonal skills, strong customer relations, grammar/spelling, Ability to coordinate multiple projects and issues simultaneously; Critical thinking, problem identification and solving; negotiation; conflict management
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.