Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time, Day shift hybrid work-from-home and work-in-office position. The ability to work from home may changed based on business needs.
The Electronic Medical Records Specialist I assists with training instruction of front desk, clinical staff and/or physician/provider users on functions, features, operation, and usage of information systems.
1. Assists with reactive and proactive support, training, and instruction of front desk, clinical staff and/or physician/provider users on functions, features, operation, and usage of information systems.
2. Provides "at the elbow" and remote phone/system support on a day-to-day basis for the ambulatory care areas, including telehealth and MyChart.
3. Acts as the liaison between Information Technology and end users to provide an understanding of the various system's capabilities.
4. Works ongoing as a liaison with multiple assigned departments/groups.
5. Develops and maintains an excellent working knowledge of primary care, urgent care and subspecialty areas.
6. Works closely with team in the development and implementation of ongoing support and training for end users.
7. General IT Front Desk, Clinical and/or Provider Support
8. Enhancements, Optimization, and New Solutions
9. Front Desk, Clinical and/ or Provider Training and Communication
10. IT Liaison
11. Other duties as required.
Technical Expertise 1. Experience in healthcare operations experience, solid understanding of appropriate front desk and clinical/provider workflows is required.
2. Experience working with front desk, clinical and/ or provider end users is required.
3. Experience teaching concepts to individuals or groups is required.
4. Experience with medical terminology is required.
5. Experience in adult education is preferred.
7. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
8. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
9. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Epic Systems software is preferred.
Education and Experience 1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
2. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
3. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: