Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan is an international leader in pediatric and adolescent medicine. Surgical services include general, thoracic, reconstructive and cardiovascular. Imaging technology designed specifically for children provides advanced diagnostic services including Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and MRI. The Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan Emergency Department is a verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and dedicated pediatric burn center. Experts in pediatric critical care, rehabilitation, and neonatal and perinatal medicine provide care for thousands of children every year at Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan, Childrenâ��s Hospital of Michigan - Troy and six ambulatory sites.
The Procedural Scheduler is responsible for scheduling patients for a specific department(s).
The position has significant communication requirements with practice offices.
The job requires excellent communication skills to build collegial relationships with surgeons physicians, patients and staff.
The position may also require assisting with other areas key to the continuity of patient care.
â�¢ Schedules clinical procedures to promote consistent high-quality clinical care, including scheduling the correct procedure, site and supplies
â�¢ Schedules and registers patients via phone interaction to organize, arrange and coordinate patient and facility needs by considering variables as diagnosis, personal resources, equipment needs, patient availability, patient need, duration of treatment, insurance eligibility, safety needs and physician orders
â�¢ Communicates with physician offices to proactively manage dedicated time (such as block time), including anticipating scheduling changes such as additional open time (from block time releases, as applicable) or future availability. Promptly informs physician offices of hospital changes
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. One year of scheduling experience (or related).
1. Analytical skills necessary to assess and plan for an optimal surgical schedule, review and verify insurance information, research billing problems and compile data for statistical reporting.
2. High level of interpersonal and customer services skills to communicate effectively with various levels of hospital staff, to communicate with diverse populations and to relay sensitive and confidential information to patients, internal staff and a variety of external organizations.
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks and organize/prioritize tasks.
4. Manual dexterity and visual acuity necessary to operate hospital computerized scheduling system.
5. Proficient typing, word processing and PC application skills.
6. Knowledge of computer applications, medical/surgical terminology, procedure codes and diagnosis codes.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Shift Begin: 8:00 AMShift End: 4:30 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.