Supervisor Revenue Cycle (Financial Counseling)
Supervises the technical and/or professional revenue cycle process. Organizes and monitors daily operations of billing, collection and payment process.
- Organizes, schedules and monitors the daily operations of the area. Monitors staff workload to ensure all assigned accounts are initiated or completed productively.
- Performs audits to ensure all duties are performed.
- Ensures staff adhere to standard operating procedures.
- Assists with issue resolution. Receives and responds to special requests and resolves complex problems.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
REVENUE CYCLE (INTERMEDIATE):- Knowledge of the financial process to track patient care from registration and scheduling to the final payment of a balance.
LEADERSHIP (NOVICE):- Formulates a vision while motivating & guiding employees promoting engagement. Leaders state precise goals, ensures the commitment of individuals to those goals, defines the methods of measurement, and provides the incentive to accomplish measureable outcomes.
OPERATIONS PLANNING (NOVICE):- Anticipates resource needs to meet objectives and implements appropriate processes.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT (NOVICE):- Interacting, communicating, building relationships and developing employees.
COMPLIANCE (NOVICE):- Understanding the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
BUSINESS RESULTS (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS):- Ability to achieve business results while focusing on quality, customer satisfaction, and stewardship.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT (NOVICE):- Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements.
- Organizational Impact: Plans and sets day to day objectives for the team that have a direct effect on the results of the department or area that the job is in.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Resolves technical and operational problems within provided guidelines.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced subject matter knowledge within a specific technical area and basic management knowledge to support the team.
- Team Interaction: Leads/supervises a unit within a department or a small department. Typically without budget or hire/fire authority. Role is typically a 'working' supervisor.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (M1):
- - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (M1):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (M1):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (M1):
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (M1):
- - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.