Location: Boardman, Ohio
Admin / Clerical
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Part Time (16 hours per week), Every Other Weekend Midnight Rotation and variable afternoon shifts through the week every other holiday rotation
The Patient Access Service Representative performs initial contact for all patient access admitting services duties.
- Performs initial contact for all patient access admitting services duties to include, but not limited to: pre-admission/admission data collection inpatient admission/updating and ongoing maintenance of inpatient bed/patient census activity.
- Processes medical records discharges and retrieve medical records, as applicable.
- Schedules all outpatient surgery tours.
- Registers complete and accurate social, demographic and financial information to create the patient's record in the system.
- Obtains the appropriate signatures on the necessary forms to treat the patient and to bill the insurance.
- Prepares forms and patient ID cards.
- Confirms financial eligibility when applicable.
- Processes the patient record and financial folders.
- Maintains/controls on the cash flow of payments and daily deposits.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in registration, insurance verification/pre-certification, patient accounts and/or customer service functions, preferably in a medical setting, is required.
- Experience with medical terminology knowledge or documented certification of class completion is preferred.
- Experience with interacting with patient/customers [i.e., neonates/newborns, children, adolescents, young adults, middle-aged adults and geriatric adults as applicable] with the understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity is required
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum 2 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: