Location: Valhalla, New York
Responsible for evaluating patient eligibility for various governmental programs for the un-insured/under-insured population. Must possess a keen understanding of patient registration and insurance verification.
- Greet patients and families in a positive, cheerful manner, promote our organization mission, vision and values.
- Review daily IP, ER, Surgery and OP private pay admissions to determine eligibility for various government programs.
- Responsible for clearing patients at ER, hospital bedside or OP registration area in order to obtain cash payment and for eligibility processes.
- Conduct interview with patients and / or family members, record and maintain complete documentation of accounts.
- Assisting patients with coordination of benefit/eligibility issues, financial /insurance forms/applications and arrangements.
- Notifies case management, social services and admission staff of case screening determinations both verbally and written, calculates and collects cash payments as appropriate, aides in gathering data for financial reporting, set up payment arrangements with patients utilizing the WMC guidelines.
- Ability to discuss and collect outstanding balances.
- Assist in registering and/or admitting patients when needed, maintain a knowledge base of all programs offered by WMCHealth network.
- Ability to forge relationships and collaborate with hospital personal and agencies resulting in positive patient outcomes.
- Additional tasks as they relate.
At least 1 year in a revenue cycle role in the hospital setting
High School Degree or GED, required . Associate's degree, preferred
Licenses / Certifications:
Must adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations as it relates to patient privacy and confidentiality, must be reliableand maintain professional attire and demeanor, must be willing to complete continued education/trainingrequirements.Special Requirements: Knowledge of Medical Insurances (Medicare, Commercial, HMO's, PPO's, etc.); EMTALA regulations, hospital billing and collection processes. Ability to work independently. Must pay attention to detail, ability to prioritize, ability to communicate with associates and patients alike, public relation skills and ability to de-escalate patients dealing with distressing situations, professional demeanor. Willingness to develop and/or improve public speaking skills, excellent writing and communication skills, and knowledge of medical terminology. Reliability and dependability for given work schedule.
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.