Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Admin / Clerical
Internal Number: REQ-019843
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The Receptionist performs various functions in a hospital laboratory or patient service center settings such as receiving and directing phone calls, greeting patients and visitors, filing, copying, faxing, sorting, and data entry as required. The position is required to float between multiple locations on various shifts, often with little notice. Must have excellent ability to interact and interface with a wide range of colleagues, patients and physicians.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year prior office experience preferred
- Computer literacy required in Microsoft Work and Excel with word processing and spreadsheets
- Operate various office equipment, such as typewriters, copiers, fax machine, and postage machines effectively and efficiently
- Pleasant personality, professional demeanor, well-groomed and professional attire required
- For hospital settings, additional requirements may apply and change without notice, including, but not limited to, criminal background check, health clearance and hospital compliance training
- Successfully pass Company pre-employment drug test and periodic and random thereafter
Demonstrated and proven ability/experience in accomplishments in all of our five core values:
Under general supervision, and in accordance with Company policies, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Answers all incoming phone calls and directs them to the proper department accurately and in a timely manner
- Greets walk-in clients ensuring prompt service
- Makes appointments for drug screen donors
- Handles all calls for courier service in the absence of the courier dispatcher as applicable
- Enters patient demographic information into computer system as applicable.
- Processes medical/laboratory requisitions as required
- Completes drug screen chain-of-custody forms for urine drug collections and breath alcohol analysis, as applicable
- Accepts/receives payments for services and balances daily cash reports, as applicable
- Orders lab tests via the hospital interface systems for inpatients, as applicable
- Attends all mandatory in-service training as required by hospital administration, as applicable
- Orders supplies as directed
- Maintains front office area to present a clean and professional environment
- Performs clerical duties as required or assigned, including report and/or items distribution as applicable
- Adheres to established safety, confidentiality, compliance and legal requirements
- Must have reliable and consistent attendance and comply with Company guidelines on attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Light to moderate physical effort
- Occasional carrying, pushing, and pulling of objects; and lifting of up to 25 lbs may be required
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching
- Frequent prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Must be able to see, hear and respond adequately
- Frequent use of telephone and other office equipment
- Air conditioned laboratory and/or office environment
- Subject to electrical and radiant energy hazards
- May incur some exposure to bio-hazardous material
- Frequent exposure to video display terminals
- Sufficient noise and interruptions to cause distraction
- May be asked to work extended hours, including holidays, evenings of holidays to accommodate the needs of the hospital laboratory 24/7 operations
- Perceive pertinent details in verbal or tabular materials
- Ability to see things from the customer's/patient's point of view and respond in a timely appropriate and courteous manner
- Handle difficult internal and external customer-relation issues with courtesy and professionalism
- Ability to work effectively with others and promotes positive working relationships
- Perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately
- Understand meaning of words, ideas, associated with them and its appropriate and effective use
- Understand instructions, reason and make judgments independently
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and computer literacy required
- Aware of customer needs; makes decisions with customer in mind; builds strong customer relationships.
- Proactively conveys a clear, convincing, and timely message; possesses strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- PROBLEM SOLVER: Uses data and logic to quickly find solutions to difficult challenges.
- Works effectively with others to accomplish goals.
- TECHNICALLY COMPETENT: Possesses and maintains the functional and technical knowledge and skills to successfully perform job.
- QUALITY CONSCIOUS: Delivers accuracy and precision in work products; mindful of technical requirements, rules, and standards.
- Prioritizes; respects others' time; adheres to schedules and agendas.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Clinical Laboratories of Hawaii, LLP
Monday to Saturday Day shift
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.