Location: AKRON, Ohio
Admin / Clerical
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time (40 hours per week) M-F Days
The Patient Service Representative provides a comprehensive set of business, financial and appointment-related services including visit preparation, patient arrival and departure functions, payment functions and creating a positive patient experience.
- Develops and maintains positive relationship with patients and families by greeting and providing prompt and caring response to questions, requests, etc.
- Performs point-of-service activities [visit preparation, co-pay collection, patient tracking and other duties] as assigned under the direction of the supervisor.
- Schedules patient visits or other diagnostic testing utilizing hospital procedures and resources.
- Manages third-party payors and collection of co-pays.
- Follows through on routine tasks and general office duties, i.e., faxing, copying, filing, mailings, promptly returning phone calls, taking and distributing messages, and etc.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate front desk inventory is maintained and communicating the need to appropriate staff member.
- Provide for smooth running of office by setting and revising priorities based on workload and anticipating needs and deadlines.
- Ensure overall department appearance including the cleanliness of the work area and waiting room as needed.
- Participates in clerical and administrative cross coverage efforts as needed.
- Ensure HIPAA compliance is followed.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience working in a general office setting (clerical or administrative duties in an office setting) is preferred.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment is preferred.
- Experience in computerized scheduling system preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively via telephone or face-to-face with patients, patient families, physicians and other staff members within the facility.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks. Ability to perform basic math skills to process insurance co-payments.
- Experience working in -Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
- Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Certification: None.
- Years of relevant experience: Relevant (clerical or administrative duties in an office setting) experience is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: