Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Location
: Full-TimeLocation, Job Title, BenefitsRocky Vista University in Billings, MT has an opening for anLoan Counselor (Full-Time)To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.SALARY:
$18.94 - $21.29+ per hour, the posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint within RVU's compensation plan. RVU's full compensation structure provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.BENEFITS:
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks (minimum) accrued paid vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee's contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.Commitment to Inclusive Excellence:
We are Rocky Vista University (RVU), a diverse, equitable, and inclusive healthcare education university that recognizes, values, and respects the commonalities and differences reflected in our students, staff, faculty, and alumni. We strive to be compassionate healthcare educators and practitioners who embrace and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
RVU is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.Primary Purpose
Provide general information to groups and individual students regarding private student loans, including mandatory one on one counseling for first year students. Essential Job Functions
Marginal Job Functions
- Responsible for providing student loan information to applicants and matriculated students via individual and group counseling sessions for the Montana campus location.
- Meet with new students to provide annual mandatory individual loan counseling.
- Collect cash, check and credit card payments from students and other third-party agencies.
- Organize and conduct exit interviews for students who graduate or withdraw.
- Prepare detailed reports and compile information concerning private loan programs as requested utilizing Excel.
- Provide individual and group counseling on budgeting and other financial literacy topics as assigned.
- Accurately record payments received according to university policy and procedure.
- Conduct exit interviews for students who graduate or withdraw.
- Provide general information to students regarding private loans.
- Coordinate and maintain student records.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director of Student Financial Services.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Assist administration, faculty and staff in special projects as required.
- Participate in the design, implementation and presentations of private loan counseling.
- Participate in community and professional outreach activities on behalf of the college and university as required.
- General knowledge of private loan programs including application processing/packaging.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to speak to large groups of students.
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to meet deadlines and work independently.
- Ability to perform detailed work with accuracy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve innovatively.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural, diverse, team-based setting
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in the areas of banking, loans, or financial counseling.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
- Experience working in a college or university or with a student loan/private lender or servicing company.
- Familiarity with Direct Loan processing.
- Experience with financial aid software system.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and /or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.