Location: Ardsley, New York
Admin / Clerical
Title: Patient Service Representative Job Code: Z1113 Department: ENT Department Code: 221907Salary Range:$19.41 - $24.41
A Patient Service Representative is responsible for greeting patients and working with them in person, on the phone, or through electronic correspondence to meet their needs regarding scheduling, updating pertinent information, checking in and out, and acting as a liaison in reporting any patient suggestions to management.
- Greets arriving patients, verifies appointment information, and notifies nursing staff in accordance with policies and procedure.
- Registers new patients and assists them in completion of necessary forms.
- Verifies and updates current patient information (demographic, financial, and clinical) in the EMR system.
- Scans completed forms, identification, and insurance cards into patient documents folder.
- Schedules future appointments based on procedure type, time requirements, and provider schedules.
- Answer incoming phone calls and make outbound phone calls, gathering information to route appropriately. Utilize triage system for all patient care related calls, in accordance with triage procedures.
- Initiates, issues, and verifies patient referrals. Initiates and receives insurance authorization/pre-certifications as necessary.
- Accepts payments, issues receipts, and reconciles cash drawer daily.
- Monitor the patient flow from lobby to the exam room, making sure patients are seen in a timely manner. Communicate with patients if there are any delays/issues in patient care.
- Provide helpful assistance in anticipating and responding to the needs of all patients and family members. Remain calm under pressure and effectively deal with difficult people.
- Provides translation for non-English speaking patients, their families, and staff if bilingual.
- Create correspondence to patients who failed to keep appointments in accordance with policy and provider request.
- Accept and directs deliveries of medical/office supplies and mail.
- Perform general office duties, such as document preparation, scanning, mailing, and filing.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a clean, safe environment.
- Respects patients by recognizing their rights; maintaining confidentiality.
- Utilizes technology, including specialized software as applicable, to maximize productivity.
- Develops and maintains electronic files as necessary.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills; provides customer service; assists other support staff as necessary; collaborates with all levels of internal leadership, management, and staff as well as outside clients, vendors, and other external parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of one (1) year of customer service and/or medical office experience preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree from an accredited institution preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Bilingual (English/Spanish) candidates preferred, but not required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).Special Requirements: Travel to all ENT locations will be required as needed[KA1].Physical Requirements: Physical Activity (please check one box):
a~ Sedentary Work (involves sitting most of the time, occasionally walking and standing; requires lifting no more than 10 pounds at a time and/or occasionally lifting or carrying objects) a~ Light Work (involves lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds; requires moderate mobility to different work locations) a~ Medium Work (involves substantial physical activity and mobility; and lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.) a~ Heavy Work (involves some type of manual labor including operating heavy machinery/ equipment or physical labor; requires lifting no more than 100 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds) Other Physical Requirements (check all that apply):
a~ Blood Bourne Exposure a~ Hearing a~ Manual Dexterity a~ Pushing/Pulling a~ Standing, climbing, mobility a~ Visual Acuity a~
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.