All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
Team Based Nursing Model*
Reimbursement for the NCLEX*
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
The role you’ll contribute:
The Coder Analyst IV Quality Liaison is a Health Information Professional with a high level of coding and clinical proficiency necessary for the oversight of coding integrity, and ability to function as a liaison to the Quality and Clinical Documentation Improvement teams for the West Florida Division. Under administrative guidance, the Coder Analyst IV will conduct concurrent mortality, quality, and risk adjustment review of patients in conjunction with the Clinical Documentation Improvement Quality Liaison and designated Quality team members at our facilities. Must have strong coding skills that will promote effective and efficient review of clinical documentation to defend code assignment and develop education based on concurrent review findings successfully and appropriately. Will serve as the coding expert on the concurrent review process ensuring all coded data is accurately reflected and supported in the physician documentation. Will work in conjunction with CDI, HIM, Quality, and Informatics leadership across the division to create synergies, maintain bidirectional communication, and act as liaison between CDI, Quality and clinical and administrative partners within the hospital setting and beyond, ensuring open communication and collaboration toward common goals. Actively participates in exemplary customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Performs daily all payer mortality reviews post discharge in conjunction with CDI Clinical Documentation Quality Liaison Manager to identify additional opportunities in SOI/ROM and queries when appropriate bridging the gap between clinical documentation and coded data.
• Sends pre-bill mortality coding to designated Quality team members.
• Ensures clinical documentation is supportive of coded conditions.
• Works in conjunction with the Clinical Documentation Quality Liaison to outline educational opportunities for coders, CDI, and physicians based on SOI/ROM and risk adjustment findings.
• Functions as the coding expert on the concurrent review process. Ensuring all coding guidelines are followed in the review process.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
• Excellent interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication skills; proficient in and demonstrate excellent physician relations.
• Able to organize and present information clearly and concisely; excellent computer and keyboarding skills; ability to use multiple software programs simultaneously; high degree of prioritization skills.
• High level of expertise as a coding professional.
• Dependable, self-motivated and pleasant
• Utilize and demonstrate excellent critical-thinking, problem-solving and deductive-reasoning skills
• Knowledge and expertise in Coding Guidelines and Coding Clinic.
• Knowledge of pathophysiology, disease processes and treatments
• Knowledge of regulatory environment
• Strong ability to organize/triage work and manage multiple priorities at once with little supervision.
• Possesses knowledge about risk adjustment and hospital publicly reported data.
• Possesses knowledge about patient safety indicators, SOI/ROM, and the importance of hospital publicly reported data, value based purchasing, and how coding impacts these measures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• 5+ experience in an acute care inpatient coding position
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• CCS or RHIA or RHIT with required years of experience
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.