Location: Akron, Ohio
Admin / Clerical
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time (36 hours per week) 7am to 7:30pm including weekend and holiday rotation
Under the supervision of nursing personnel, assists in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the activities occurring in the nursing station by performing clerical and receptionist duties and maintaining the physical environment of the area.
- Performs record organization and transcription of orders by completing necessary forms and requisitions.
- Complies, prepares, copies and maintains various records at the nursing station including assembling of charts.
- Assists in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the activities occurring in the nursing station.
- Performs clerical and receptionist duties using multiple phone and computer applications. This includes interacting/communicating within own department, ancillary departments within the Hospital plus outside agencies to ensure coordination of services/care
- Maintains the physical environment of the area
- Orders office supplies, replacement supplies for equipment, informational materials, and enters help desk tickets for IS and/or maintenance.
- Responds to and prioritizes patient and family inquires in a professional manner. Coordinates interpreter services as needed.
- Staff may be temporarily assigned to an area throughout Akron Children's Hospital enterprise, based on patient needs requiring similar knowledge and skill.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task utilizing sound judgement.
- Must have good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is preferred.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Certification: Heartsaver AED required within 90 days of employment.
- Years of experience: None required
- Years of experience supervising: None required
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: