Location: Austin, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-021889
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
The A/R Posting Specialist is responsible for the posting of payments from insurance companies, patients, or any third-party payers to customer accounts. While this position requires little direct patient contact the employee must be able to commuincate both written or verbally (via telephone) to answer questions as needed. A/R Posting Specialists will have the ability to provide support to other Accounts Receivable departments as needed. All staff must adhere to all department policies and procedures.
- Client, patient and insurance payment research.
- Communicating with sales reps, VP's for client payment research
- Insurance and patient refunds.
- Opening all incoming mail
- Daily scanning and depositing funds
- Locating the posting information for incoming direct deposits
- Billing and posting of all time of service payments
- Posting, processing and working the un posted of all patient credit card payments
- Processing of all insurance credit card payments
- Working a credit balance report regularly.
- Working a PITUP report weekly to stay on top and current for all remote deposits
- Knowledge of computer technology and terminology
- Ability to type and demonstrate 10 key proficiency
- Perform duties in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the company, with patients and physician office staff
- Possess effective work habits and ability to build/maintain work relationships
- Ability to read and comprehend English
- Ability to work under deadlines
- High School diploma or GED
- Typing (min 35 wpm) and 10 Key
- 1 year experience in accounts receivable; direct experience with accounting procedures, cash reconciliation and general accounting principals
- Experience with medical coding, private insurance, laboratory and/or medical billing
- Customer service experience
- Bilingual speaking skills/Spanish
- Experience in multitasking environment
- Light to moderate physical effort (lift/carry 5 to 50 lbs.)
- Extensive computer work
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking
- Reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching to handle/file documents
- Manipulation of tools, objects and equipment: pushing, pulling, reaching (above shoulder height), grasping, pinching (thumb and forefinger) and twisting with hand and wrist
- Frequent use of telephone and fax
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
1st Shift (United States of America)
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.