Location: Pomona, New York
Admin / Clerical
The Senior Patient Service Representative provides on-site lead for daily operations for the medical secretary. Serves as a liaison between Practitioners and patients to coordinate successful delivery of care and services.
- Assists patients in the checking in/checking out process and completing necessary paperwork.
- Educates patients in post care instructions and their healthcare coverage responsibilities.
- Scans medical insurance information and obtains authorizations from insurance carriers for medications or make up referrals to specialists as needed.
- Scans lab reports, consultations, office notes, and messages for placement in appropriate charts.
- Pulls charts for licensed practitioner or front desk staff as needed and files completed charts appropriately.
- Forwards records to Bon Secours Charity Health or other parties as directed.
- Assists physician in obtaining patient results and scheduling office appointments when needed.
- Maintains inventory of medical supplies, immunizations, and equipment in order to request supplies in a timely manner.
- Performs routine maintenance of medical equipment including logging daily temperatures of the refrigerator/freezer.
- Logs all samples received with expiration dates, manufacturers, and lot numbers.
- Records all distributed samples by patient name, date, and number of samples given.
- Checks expiration dates on all stored medications/immunizations on a weekly basis and keeps record of all expired items that are discarded.
- Records all injections and immunizations in medication log as well as patient chart.
- Performs all functions as necessary for the successful implementation of the NYS immunization transmissions.
- Handles all questions regarding the office and procedures.
- Reviews correspondence, memoranda, and routine reports and communicates with the Office Manager.
- Oversees the daily schedule for the physician
- Understands and helps assure compliance with HIPAA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
5 years experience working in a front office/secretary required. Medical Assistant experience preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.